Reading time – 1:47; Viewing time – 3:01 . . .
I spent a year investigating running for Congress in 2011-2012 and decided against doing so because of all the begging for money that’s required to run for and stay in office. Since that time I’ve focused my efforts to make a difference into keynote presentations about how big money is stealing our democracy, as well as offering this series of posts. With the 2018 election just 17 months away and our election cycle now a perpetual thing, it’s time for me to reconsider.
Should I decide to proceed, I certainly want to do what works, so I’ve started to craft my campaign platform. Here’s my thinking to date:
- Legalize these words:
- Best words
- I alone
- Believe me
- Lock her up
- Crooked Hillary
- Little Marco
- Low energy Jeb
- Let me tell you, folks
- Repeal the law of climate change
- Taxes for rich people cut in half
- 100% protection from self-immolation via tweets
- Comprehensive healthcare for all rich people
- Detention camps for Muslims
- Shut down all newspapers and develop electronic muzzles for cable news and online anything
- Forget baseball: Make lying our official national pastime and impose penalties for telling the truth
- A new National Secrets Act that rewards the passing of top secret information to adversaries
- A full roll on every TP holder
That last item, of course, is more than because it’s a nice thing, like legally requiring all shopping carts to track straight. The real reason is because Special Counsel Robert Mueller is just starting to crank up his investigation and by the time he’s done it’s likely we’ll all be pretty sick over what’s been done in our name, so we’re going to need that tenth item.
Let me know what else you think should be in my platform in order to win.
Ed. note: There is much in America that needs fixing and we are on a path to continually fail to make things better. It is my goal to make a difference – perhaps to be a catalyst for things to get better. That is the reason for these posts. To accomplish the goal requires reaching many thousands of people and a robust dialogue.
YOUR ACTION STEPS: Offer your comments below and pass this along to three people, encouraging them to subscribe and engage. Thanks! JA
Copyright 2019 by Jack Altschuler
Reproduction and sharing are encouraged, providing proper attribution is given.