Reading time – 57 seconds – plus . . .
I have been accused several times of being repetitious (enjoy the irony) and it’s time to set the record straight: It’s true.
So, in the service of being of service rather than of boredom, my pledge is to henceforth refrain from simply reacting to Trump’s most recent outrage, abandon my snarky responses and focus entirely on policies and actions and their consequences. That cures one repetition. The other is incurable.
Our democracy stands in a place of clear and present danger. It is the key issue of our time. I won’t be abandoning this theme.
Regarding the state of American democracy, read:
and “America the Trumped“
Ian Baskin, former Associate White House Counsel, now Executive Director of Protect Democracy, was on All In with Chris Hayes on May 18, 2018. Here’s what he said:
“If you want to know if American democracy is in danger, look for a couple of things:
- Are they trying to politicize the independent institutions like law enforcement?
- Are they trying to put out disinformation to confuse the public?
- Are they trying to eliminate checks that could hold the executive accountable?
- Are they trying to corrupt elections.”
“This [Trump administration undermining of the FBI] is not just a danger to the [Mueller] investigation; it is a danger to the very foundation of the republic.”
You know what to do. Hint: November 6.
Ed. note: I don’t want your money (DON’T donate) or your signature on a petition. I want you to spread the word so that we make a critical difference. That’s the reason for these posts. To accomplish the goal requires reaching many thousands of people, so:
YOUR ACTION STEPS:
- Pass this along to three people, encouraging them to subscribe (IT’S A FREEBIE!).
- Engage in the Comments section below to help us all be better informed.
Copyright 2019 by Jack Altschuler
Reproduction and sharing are encouraged, providing proper attribution is given.